Monday, October 14, 2013

Fall Inspired Table


Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year.  I love the cooler weather, colors, smells and flavors.  Pumpkins and leaves are just my thing.  I got married in the fall and my first child was born in the fall, so I have several reasons to celebrate the wonderful season.


For my daughter's eighth birthday party we decided to just go with a fall theme.  I wanted punches of color with the flowers; which included zinnias, dahlias, roses and mums.  All of the flowers except for the roses came from a farm owned by a family friend.  For the foliage I added in crab apples, Japanese maple and smoke bush.  I had to put some gourds and pumpkins on the tables too.  I'm also obsessed with ornamental cabbage and kale for fall, so that found it's way onto the table as well.  



4 comments:

  1. Dropping by from the Fall Fancy Linkup! This is such a pretty arrangement. I'm seeing those ornamental cabbages all over our town in the planters.

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vicki for stopping by and for your kind words! Aren't those ornamental cabbages fun?! They're so hearty too.

      Delete
  2. These arrangements are exquisite! You really have an eye for these! Beautiful! Thanks for linking up today with the Fall Fancy! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...thanks so much Courtney! Thanks for helping to host the Fall Fancy. I'm really enjoying discovering new blogs and the wonderful people behind them.

    ReplyDelete