Monday, August 18, 2014

Garden Walk



Lisa at Cold Frame Farm was asked to participate in a local garden walk this year with her farm as one of the stops and she asked me if I could put together some arrangements at the farm for the event.  We brainstormed some ideas and came up with a vintage farm theme.  All the materials I used in the arrangements came from the farm, including some things that grow wild around Lisa's property.  I scattered several different arrangements at the welcome table and in and out of the hoop houses.    


This arrangement features raspberry foliage, wild raspberries and zinnias.  I found a cool vintage wooden drawer to put the arrangement in.  



I created a couple displays that included vegetables and herbs like kale and Thai basil.  The basil made the arrangements amazing.  I loved that contrast of the bright yellow calendula with the deep green of the kale along with the kale's purple veins.  



Aren't those baby eggplant adorable?!

1 comment: