Monday, August 25, 2014

Teddy Bear Picnic Baby Shower


I made some arrangements for a friend's teddy picnic themed baby shower a few weeks ago.  The Grandmother-to-be requested flowers with a meadow feel.  I called up a local flower farm who had exactly what I was looking for, I also foraged some pieces from a field and added in some ingredients from my own garden to create the meadow feel.  One of my new favorites that kind of make arrangements sing - a bright pink bloom called "kiss me by the garden gate".  Isn't that the greatest name for a flower?!  

The picnic included sandwiches, potato salad, fruit and other goodies, which were individually wrapped and packaged. The food was brought out by a few cute little girls that included my two daughters.  The girls carried out baskets filled with the food to pass the the guests - It was adorable!  


I made a few surprises for the Mom-to-be, which included this floral "b" that hung over the drink and dessert table.  The "b" of course stands for baby, but it also stands for boy and the couples last name also starts with the letter too.  I also made a floral crown for the lovely expectant Mama as well as a floral bracelet. You can check out the bracelet on my Instagram feed.  It was a great shower for a great person.    

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! Happy to see this awesome teddy bear baby shower. Planning my sister’s baby shower at one of local LA event venues. Want to make it best and will look on internet for amazing ideas for the day. Hope will be able to make it memorable for her.

    ReplyDelete